Sunday, March 13, 2005

Long overdue update

Okay, I admit it it has been a while since I posted to the EAS blog.

Since my last posting, the triathlon club has been in full swing, senior's outrigger has started up again and I've been seeing a number of small boat clients (outrigger, sprint kayak and surfski).

I've also been to New Zealand for the 2006 International Va'a Federation Congress. While I was there we reviewed the race site for the 2006 Sprint Outrigger World Championships followed by two full days of meetings. After my three (only 3) days in NZ, I was off again to meetings and interviews in Hawai'i for six days.

I returned home February 1, exhausted. It is now mid-March. February and most of March has slipped by under coaching, coaching education, workout planning and keeping up to date with all the assorted athletes, administrators and officials. I

've also been helping organize paddling races to raise awareness for adaptive paddling through Pogue Sports Canoe Club. Our latest event in Deep Cove had 37 paddlers supporting our cause! The next one is on March 19, also in Deep Cove at 11:00 am.

Alan

No comments: